Hello, my name is Nina, I'm Brazilian, I lived on Chicago for 5 years, and graduated by UNIP College In Brazil ( Letters English/Portuguese). Along the years I improved my writing skills working full time on jobs which are directly connected to it. I have over 7 years of experience in – Translation English to Portuguese; Portuguese to English; Spanish to English; Italian to English; Spanish to Portuguese, French to English, and Italian to Portuguese. I’m also skilled in:
– Advertorial Writing
– Social Media Management
– Keyword researching
– writing fiction stories;
– creating articles;
– Write e-books or ghostwriting for any topic, for commercial or informal subjects;
– Reviewing and proofreading content.
I was born in Belgium, in the Flemish part, where I studied and also received my master degree in Electrical Engineering. I worked for five years in the headquarters of a Belgian bank in Brussels in a bilingual (Dutch and French) environment in the Information Technology department.
In 1990 I moved to Brazil where I worked for over 10 years with Information Technology in several companies, dealing mainly with software development and ITC administration.
In 2004, already fluent in Portuguese (Brazil), I started to work as an independent registered tour guide in Brazil and at the same time as a freelance translator with oral consecutive and written translation.
A multi-skilled, reliable and talented translator with a proven ability to translate written
documents from a source language to a target language. A quick learner who can absorb new
ideas and can communicate clearly and effectively with people from all social and professional
backgrounds. Well mannered, articulate and fully aware of diversity and multicultural issues. Flexible
in the ability to adapt to challenges when they arise and at the same time remaining aware of
professional roles and boundaries. Would like to work as a translator for a successful and
ambitious company that offers great opportunities for career development and progression
Physician, Clinical Pathologist. Clinical Chemistry, Hemotherapy, Infection Control, Evidence-Based Healthcare. Polyglot (CEFR) English C2, French and Spanish C1, German B2-C1, Dutch B1.
I can not work without specifics of the contract. As academic I can provide also help in Reference Management and organization.
Fees provided on the system are only for general guidance.
Available for freelance work only after July/2018.
* Experienced with translating/proofreading academic articles, typically pt_BR > en_US, but I have also worked with en_US > pt_BR, and most notably in the fields of Dentistry and Nursing, but also in Agriculture, Education, Gender Studies, Minority Studies and Communication Sciences.
* Main translator of Scribus and SubtitleComposer for pt_BR. I've contributed with translations to KDE too.
* I've proofread minor localization jobs done voluntarily to indie game devs.
* I'm acquainted with several CAT tools: Memsource, Matecat, Smartcat, Transifex, Amara, Lokalize, OmegaT, Google Translate Toolkit (deprecated), Aegisub, SubtitleComposer.
* I will soon document a unique method that allows me to proofread/translate LaTeX files easily with minor issues, as I firmly believe in open access and transparency.
* My self-hosted blog: https://rabbitictranslator.com
* Current proficiency levels:
1. Brazilian Portuguese = native
2. American English = C2
3. German = B2
4. Dutch = A2
Hello, my name is Ramiro, I'm Brazilian, and graduated by UNIP College In Brazil (Letters Dutch/Portuguese). Along the years I improved my writing skills working full time on jobs which are directly connected to it.