Belgian Trilingual. Born and raised in Antwerp (Dutch is my mother language) and now living in beautiful Wallonia (French speaking part of Belgium). Languages have always been a passion for me. Little note: Proud mom of trilingual kids as well!! ;-)
I am not responsible for mistakes in the source text that are translated in the target text. My goal is to provide you with a perfect translation X to Y or editing where I look at fluency in the target language. Recently, a lot of companies I worked with provided me with bad texts and were not satisfied with my work, which left me with a bad rating to which I cannot respond on my profile.
I am a French, Latin and English language and literature student at the University of Leuven (KU Leuven). I also have studied medicine at the University of Liège (ULiège). I worked for a semantic annotation project of Dutch words at the department of Linguistics in Leuven. I now work at IPG Contact Solutions where I receive calls and emails in English, French and Dutch. I also worked for a professor at KU Leuven where I did the transcription of his interviews in French.
FreelanceOffices offers translations of patents, technical documents, manuals, medical field, automotive, casino games, tourism and general items.
I don’t work with foreign subcontractors and do all the translations myself and important, I’m bilingual French and Dutch.
Know that I’m open to negotiate about the rates.
French, German and English to Dutch (Flemish).
Dutch (Flemish), German and English to French.
Dutch (Flemish), German and French to English.
- Trados Studio 2017.
- Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Office.
- OOONA (subtitling).
- Translations: 0.06 €/word if < than 10.000 words – 0,05 €/word if > 10.000 words.
- Post editing: 0,04 €/word.
- Proofreading: 0.04 €/word or 24,50 €/houre.
- Transcriptions in Dutch: 1,25 €/minute. Translation possible to French or English at price mentioned above.
- Subtitling: 10 €/min.
- Same rate
I was born in Belgium, in the Flemish part, where I studied and also received my master degree in Electrical Engineering. I worked for five years in the headquarters of a Belgian bank in Brussels in a bilingual (Dutch and French) environment in the Information Technology department.
In 1990 I moved to Brazil where I worked for over 10 years with Information Technology in several companies, dealing mainly with software development and ITC administration.
In 2004, already fluent in Portuguese (Brazil), I started to work as an independent registered tour guide in Brazil and at the same time as a freelance translator with oral consecutive and written translation.
Please let me introduce myself; I obtained my Master's Degree in translation from the University of Ghent. Being fortunate to have work experience nationally and internationally, not only in translating but also in real estate, hospitality and medical sales, I understand the importance of clear communication, while my clients value my reliability and integrity. The connection with my clients is of utmost importance, and key to successful projects with a valuable end
You will find my skills and dedication to be an invaluable asset to your team or single project. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Master degree in Translation: English, French, Italian to Dutch. Studies in Art History (5 years).
Experienced Events and Marketing Communications executive in the IT, Media and Entertainment Industry with strong project management skills and a 20 years’ proven track record.
Able to work under pressure and to deliver to precise and tight deadlines.
Specialties: overall marketing communications, art, architecture,fashion, food and wine, tourism
I am a technically oriented translator, interpreter and subtitler with more than 15 years’ experience. I am bilingual (Dutch and English) and proficient in French, German and Bulgarian as source languages. I initially studied mechanical engineering but that wasn’t my passion, so I decided to switch careers. I started working as a translator before actually obtaining a master’s degree in translation at the Free University (V.U.) of Amsterdam, Holland, and then studied technical translation to deepen my professional knowledge and skills.
As a translator, I work primary in the following fields:
• Engineering (mechanical, electrical, construction, on/off-shore)
• Technical (energy, off-shore, machinery, (petro-)chemical, automotive)
• Medical (devices, bio-chem, legal, litigation, trials/studies, general)
• Legal (criminal, civil, class action lawsuits)
• Education & (e-)Training
I am an experienced translator with the ability to work independently. I am flexible, reliable, hardworking and above all, very efficient.
With over five years of translation experience, I am now well-equipped to expand on this experience, by developing a broader and more varied translation portfolio.
My level of English is advanced after having worked several years professionally in multinationals writing reports and making presentations to senior management at CxO level.
Should you require any further information do not hesitate to contact me.
I look forward to hearing from you.
As we are a Belgian based couple (husband and wife) of freelance editors/translators (Dutch native language) we can offer you a big amount of flexibility in terms of dealing instantly with your editing/translations/proofreading. We know the time frame is essential,
both for you and for us, and we pride ourselves on always meeting our end of the bargain, assuring the highest quality of editing/translating/proofreading.
Apart from Dutch and English translations we can also deal with French/Dutch and French/English translations.
In terms of CAT-tools, we use memoQ 2015 Translator Pro.
We have both a paypal and moneybookers/Skrill account available.
We can guarantee immediate availability and are available 7 days a week, with a high rate of flexibility. On a daily basis we can deal with 4000 to 4500 words.
In terms of most important references we can name the Freedman Agency as well as Bare International, Helion Research, Somya Translations, Erudite Solutions, HQ Translate, The Shabd, V
Focused Freelance Translator with highly developed understanding of English, Dutch and French languages and cultures. Skilled in quickly and accurately translating written documents and audio recordings. My specialization lies in the political, cultural, historical and economic disciplines in the region of the Middle East. Broader expertise is reflected in knowledge of humanitarian and cultural studies, intercultural communication, sustainable solution finding and supply chains.
You want a fast, flawless and professional translation? Look no further.
My goal is to swiftly provide you with a proper translation.
What can you expect?
Manual translation (no Google translate)
Completion of the work on time
Working with vast knowledge in various subjects
I work as a freelance translator since 2005 (full-time from 2005 to 2008 and since 2017) and have worked as an internal translator for a translation agency in the meantime (from 2008 to 2017). Before that, I worked in customer service jobs for several companies in different industries (marketing, leasing, etc.)
I am Hilde Berckmoes, translator Spanish-Dutch (Flemish) for education, fashion, architecture & art; commuter between Granada (ES) and Ghent (BE).
Founder of Fraseria Translations (fraseria.com).
8 years of experience as a translator in an international company.
20 years of expertise in communication and quality assurance at the university of KU Leuven.
I love to fathom nuances of language and to capture the timbre of a text until it rings true.
Translation provides what really matters: understanding and being understood, and preferably in many languages because knowledge and ideas thrive best when they move. Translation always leads to development and innovation. Put life into your creations and projects. Make them travel.
What’s in it for you?
- Discover how people from a different language culture look at your work.
- Discover what new possibilities this leads to.
- Receive a correct Spanish-Dutch translation, tailored to your audience and your purpose.
Areas of study and training:
Languages: Dutch (at schools in The Netherlands, German and Spanish at German-Spanish schools in Ecuador and Paraguay), English with private tutor, at international schools abroad and in The Netherlands, French at schools in The Netherlands as well as with private tutor.
Financial auditing (partial)
Travel industry course (for travel agent)
Accounting course (basic bookkeeping)
Horticulture (various courses on growing ornamental plants and managing/owning an ornamental plants business)
Middle management course
Records management (various courses on records, document and archives management)|
Basic Marketing course
Basic Information Technology course
Senior Facility manager course
Realtor course for license in Residential Real Estate Sales
Car Rental Reservations training
Car Road Side Assistance training
Private pilot license training
Employment and/or own business as:
IT project manager in various positions (for loyalty card system of oil company, selection and implementation various (multilingual) records management systems selection of facility management system)
Document and archives management (department head in various positions, including at computer center, university and European Union)
Owner document management consultancy business (specialized in utilities)
Travel reservations team member
Travel sales manager (Middle East)
Hotel guests host for travel organization
Tour operator (Middle East and Greece)
Senior team member at ornamental plants nursery
Owner ornamental plants nursery
Facility manager (department head)
Software localization manager facility management software
Car rental reservations team member
Car road side assistance team member
Home demolition team member
Poultry farm team member
Fruit orchard worker
Tomato nursery worker
CAT tools used:
Deja Vu (X3) - have license
RECENT TRANSLATION, PROOFREADING AND LOCALIZATION PROJECTS
1) Construction/Residential & Commercial Real Estate/Architecture
EN to NL/FR/DE/ES/FR/NO/KR/CN (traditional and simplified), DE to NL, NL to EN (US)
- CAFM (Computer Aided Facility Management) software user
interface, online help, manuals, web pages, sales collateral - 120,000 words
- Manual for shot blasting machine – 11,500 words
- Web pages for broker of De Luxe Residential Properties
- Product web pages for professional tools company - 3,900 words
- Article on architecture and photo voltaic panels
- Steel construction specifications - 2,300 words
2) Industrial machines/Tools/(Petro)Chemical Industry/Various technologies FR/EN (US/GB) to NL
- Chemical Safety Data Sheets
- Technical manual bakery machine (spiral mixer) – 17,000 words
- SDS – Safety Data Sheets (Chemicals) website – 40,000 words
- User instructions container lifting machine
- Two online catalogs of professional tools companies, plus their index - 14,500 words
- User instructions for cargo lashing straps
- Instructions fitting/replacement of luxury class car parts
a. Business Law, NL/DE/FR/ES (HO) to EN (US/GB)
- Telecommunications company contracts
- Bylaws / Articles of Organization / Articles of Association / Statutes
- Debt collection documents
- Website pages of lawyer’s office
- Generic contractor agreement
- Terms and condition of services company - 4,700 words
- Summons complaint for damages against corporations – 8,200 words
b. Family Law. EN to NL/DE, NL/LA to EN
- Marriage licenses and certificates
- Applications for divorce, Divorce decrees, Divorce settlements
- Birth certificates
- Extracts and copies of diplomas
- Acknowledgements of parental authority
- Certificates of conduct
- Driver’s licenses
c. Immigration Law, NL to EN
- Asylum requests
- Decisions on Asylum Requests
- Residence Permits
d. Constitutional / Procedural Law. NL to EN
- Article on constitutionality of rulings of Supreme Court on some legal
e. Criminal law, FR (HA)/ES to EN (US)
- Case file on money laundering case - 8,000 words
- Case file on telecommunication law violation
4) Public Administration/Government, DE to NL, NL/ES (MX) to EN/FR/EN/DE
- European Tender for procurement of multilingual records management
- RMS (Records Management System, also called Document Management
System) software user interface, online help, manual
- Corporate and VAT Tax assessments
- Permit decree under Environmental Protection Law for waste processing plant -
5) Horticulture, NL to EN (GB)
- Pesticide studies
- Herbicide labels
6) Accounting / Finance, DE/NL/FR to EN (US/GB)
- Balance sheets
- Profit and Loss (P&L)
- Mergers & Acquisitions brochure in fashion industry
- Financial overview for joint venture
- Major international financial loan agreement in solar power plant energy sector –
- Payment processor website - 7,500 words
7) Health Care/Medical Devices/Oncology, translations, editing and localizations (American-SI unit conversions), FR/DE/NL to EN (US/GB), EN to NL
- Pathology reports
- PET / MRI / CT / Ultrasound imaging reports
- Lab reports of blood tests
- General medical records
- User Instructions and labels for medical devices
- Biomedical study on anti-cancer compound - 6,700 words
- Health insurance claims
- User interface diet related device – 22,000 words
8) Logistics / Shipping, EN to NL, NL to EN
- Hazardous Materials Shipping Software user interface
- Occupational Health & Safety manual for ferry - 11,000 words
9) Information Technology (IT), NL to EN (GB)/DE/FR, EN (US) to NL
- RFP and SLA
- CAFM (Computer Aided Facility Management, also called IWMS) software user
interface, online help, manuals, web pages, sales collateral - 120,000 words
- IT services contract - 5,300 words
- Document Management System (also called DIS) - 24.000 words
10) Electronics/Other products, ES/EN (GB) to NL, FR to NL
- Web pages with product specifications of portable radios - 21,000 words
- Occupational health protection product brochure
- Lease contract for massage chairs
- User manual reusable ear plugs
- Manual for drivers at office services company – 7,800 words
11) Media & Entertainment, EN (GB) to NL
- Survey for music web site
12) Travel, Tourism & Leisure/Food & beverage EN/FR to NL, DE/NL/FR to EN
- Camping travel related magazines - 15,000 words
- Restaurant franchise brochure
- User manual for soda machine - 2,200 words
- Menus and web pages for organic foods retailer
- Marketing plan for supermarket chain – 4,300 words
- Corporate communications manual of supermarket chain - 4,000 words
- User interface of car rental software
13) Aviation, EN to NL
- Course manual for drone pilots on regulations concerning flying drones
14) Beauty and other personal care products, EN to NL
- Brochure for cosmetics – 2,000 words
15) Energy generation and distribution, EN to NL, FR/NL/DE to EN (GB)
- Major international financial loan agreement in solar power plant energy sector –
- Article on power generation from rice husks
- Article on architecture and photo voltaic (PV) panels
- Web pages for retailer in solar panels and wind turbines – 3,000 words
- Product web pages with technical specifications of combined heat & power (CHP) generators - 5,600 words
16) Fiction, NL to EN (US)
- Historical novel - 88,000 words
17) Patents, DE/FR to EN (US), EN (GB) to NL
- 2 patent claims in the subject area of mechanical engineering including aircraft mechanics
- 3 patent claims in the subject area of electrical engineering
Graduate student and aspiring localizer EN-NL and FR-NL.
I am passionate about languages and anything related to the web and computer games. My aim is to combine my gaming and web developing knowledge with my translation training to provide professional, quality localization from English and/or French into Dutch.
Experienced Freelance Translator/Editor with a demonstrated history of working in the writing and editing industry. Skilled in Copywriting, Translation, Transcreation, and Editing.
I love a challenge and I'm very detail-oriented.
Belgian Native Trilingual(DU/FR/EN) with +575.000 words translated and international clients : Translated.Net(Italy), Transperfect(USA), Protranslating(USA), Moravia(CZ), Upwork(USA),... referrals and credentials available upon request.
Expertise in Baning Financial, Legal, eCommerce, Marketing, Business
I’m an expat native Dutch and native-like English speaking translator. I have lived and worked abroad in North-America and S.E.A. for +20 years as a sales and marketing manager while working with international English, Dutch, French and German speaking customers. I became a full-time professional online translator in December 2015.
Art Traduct Vertalingen – ATV translation agency – was born from my passion for the French language and culture.
I founded my translation agency at the end of 2001, after a teaching career (15 years, at a Dutch primary school and Dutch teacher for students in Paris). I have lived for 10 years in France, but I'm back in the Netherlands since 2014. I work as a freelance translator and subtitler, from French and English into Dutch for the Netherlands, my mother tongue.
Hello, I am Mart and I am a final year law student with a degree in translation and interpretation. I am a native Dutch speaker and I am fluent in English and French. I can translate or copywrite any information including but not limited to: texts, advertisements, websites, product pages and more. I have gained relevant experience in translating during an internship at an international law firm in Brussels. Please do not hesitate to contact me for an estimate.
My name is René Wester. After studying physics at the University of Amsterdam I started as a freelance technical translator in 1992 at Patent Office Vriesendorp & Gaade in The Hague and then in 2004 at Patent Office EP &C in Amsterdam.
My work consisted of translating patent applications from English, German and French into Dutch.
I have a vast knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry and engineering combined with very good language skills in Dutch, English, German, French and Spanish.
Mi nombre es René Wester. Después de estudiar física en la Universidad de Amsterdam, empecé como traductor técnico independiente en 1992 para la Oficina de Patentes Vriesendrop y Gaade en La Haya y luego en 2004 para la Oficina de Patentes EP & C en Amsterdam.
Mi trabajo consistió en la traducción de las solicitudes de patentes de inglés, alemán y francés a holandés.
Conozco bien las matemáticas, la física, la química y la ingeniería, y el holandés, inglés, alemán, francés y español.
I am a flexible and multilingual freelancer with roughly three years of translation experience - both as a freelancer and as an employee working on translations.
Multilingual: Raised in a mixed family in Flanders, Belgium, I have been a bilingual from birth (Dutch and English). Thanks to a traditional “Belgian” high school education, I have been furthermore exposed to French, Latin and German as from a very young age. I have continued studying languages, literature and culture at university (Italian and Afrikaans). "In the field" as a globetrotter, I am currently learning Swedish.
Due to above training, I pay strict attention to accuracy, consistency, style and spelling rules. Equally, I feel strongly about qualitative and scrupulous human-based translation.
Flexible: Available during weekends and evenings (CET).
As a freelance translator, editor and copywriter with over 10 years of experience in writing and translating, I work for private customers, small and big companies and translation agencies from around the globe.
My work focuses mainly on three domains: marketing, media and software. From a linguistic and cultural perspective the differences between the Flemish region of Belgium and the Netherlands are growing. More and more companies realize that to be successful on the Flemish market it is necessary to take the cultural and linguistic sensibilities of this region into account.
For this service my clients count on me, and I am proud that various multinationals and international brands trust me with their translations. All my clients are, without any exception, satisfied with my work and the results it earns them.
All my work complies with professional and ethical guidelines for translations.
Highly trained and experienced translation and localization professional English/German/French to Dutch and Dutch to English.
Responsible for high-end accounts in terms of translation and localization management and production.
- Graduate from University of Translation and Interpreting
- High-quality translations into Dutch by a native speaker
- Highly trained in all primary CAT tools (SDL Trados/Memsource/Smartcat/MemoQ/Déjà Vu)
- Quality Assurance (both automated and manual) included in service
- Aware of cultural differences during localization processes
- Experienced in TM/TB management
- Very good transcreation and copywriting skills
- Specialized in offering quick delivery times and high-service levels
- Highly responsive and 24/7 available
Fields of expertise:
Dans le domaine du tourisme, du e-commerce, des descriptifs de produits et des relations humaines, je traduis et transcrée (français – néerlandais) votre site Web, vos affiches et vos brochures d'accueil. Attirer et fidéliser le public néerlandais? Laissez-vous séduire par mes textes, qui transmettent, d'une façon fidèle et efficace, la joie de vivre et le soleil.
Le néerlandais est ma langue maternelle, je parle couramment français et anglais, et mes expériences sont riches et variées (mode d'emploi ordinateur, e-commerce, bijoux,...). Je suis très curieuse de connaître les atouts principaux de votre établissement et ce petit extra que vous proposez. N'hésitez pas à me contacter !
I hold a PhD in Comparative Linguistics and Translation and have over 10 years of experience as a:
- scientific researcher;
- college lecturer;
- science writer;
- translator & localization/globalization expert
I am working diligently towards becoming an all-round publication professional, with proficiency in text services as well as graphic and web design, web development, social media and digital marketing.