Love for languages brought me to study Translation studies. I dedicate myself fully to each and every translation project and I enjoy doing it. I am always available if you have any questions or specific requirements regarding your projects. I look forward to working with you.
I am a professional translator and web developer active in those fields for more than the last 10 years now. My mother tongue is Slovenian. More info on www.weblio.si
My area of expertise is the IT field. I was involved with the localisation of Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 10 into Slovene. Apart from that, I also cooperated with the group of translators localising Microsoft Office 15, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Exchange into Slovene.
These are only projects regarding the localisation of Software. On top of that I also translated numerous texts for Microsoft Support Pages, Apple Support Pages and, last but not least, Google+ Support Pages.
In total I translated over 2.000.000 words into Slovene regarding the IT field.
I also translated numerous texts regarding operational manuals for diffrent types of machines (Makino, Komatsu, Bosch, Stadler, Staeubli, Big Duchman, Wangen Pumpen, etc). In fact, more than half of monthly work accounts to technical translation.
Ich heiße Maruša Pen und bin Diplomgermanistin - Übersetzerin.
Ich arbeite schon seit ca. 14 Jahren als Übersetzerin.
Meine Fachgebiete sind Maschinenbau, IT, Mechanik, Medizin, Technik, Elektrizität, Richtlinien, Normen, Chemie - im Sinne von Schönheitspflege/Naturkosmetik (Mischungsbestandteile) usw. …
Die Liste meiner Kunden ist lang.
Bitte PROZ sehen.
Ich benutze die üblichen CAT-Tools.
Referenzen und Beispiele der Übersetzungen sende ich per E-Mail, bei Nachfrage.
Den Preis definiert die Länge, die Komplexität des Textes und die "dead-line".
(Preis zw. 0,065 - 0,08 EUR/Wort)
Täglich kann ich bis zu 2.500 Wörter übersetzen.
Throughout my career, I have translated different types of texts:
- Translation of business correspondence from English/German into Slovene and from Slovene into English/German
- Translation of subtitles for different television shows/films from English into Slovene
- Translation of various technical and legal documents (instruction manuals for home appliances, agricultural machinery and physiotherapy equipment, contracts, forms, certificates) from English/German into Slovene and from Slovene into English/German
- Translation of various fashion, home and sports products (clothing, footwear, accessories, cosmetics, kitchen utensils, bedding etc.) from English into Slovene
- Translation of various cosmetics texts (marketing, products, professional magazine) from English/German into Slovene
- Translation of websites for various companies from Slovene into English/German
- Translation of various medical texts from English/German into Slovene
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
traffic display systems,
trucks and buses,
tractors, combines and other agriculture machinery,
My experiences with Translation-Memory-Tools: I'm using Trados Studio 2017 Freelance as well as Logoport (Internet based TM tool); MemoQ, Mneme Suite and SDLX.
Other translation tools: dictionaries, glossaries: offline and online; usage of data banks and reference material (home, library, Internet), online forums (Slovene and International), corpus searching systems,...
Translating since 1989. From Slovenian, Serbian, Croatian into German and from German into Slovenian and Serbian. I deliver high quality translations and have many customers in Germany and Slovenia. I work with SDL Trados Studio.
Bilingual native language, Slovenian and German, very good English, French, Croatian, Bosnian, specialized in Law, Economics and Medicine, likes Challenges at work, hard worker, good team player, good in motivating a team of players, leading qualifications