- Ability to collaborate with people of diverse cultural background as well as with international clients.
- Excellent skills in effective analysis of written and oral communication acquired through academic studying.
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully supervise all pending orders, as well as negotiate with clients on deliveries.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (ACTA certificate - Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece 09/2007) and Adobe products.
- Experienced in the effective use of language (resources, hard copied or online), as well as in the extraction of proper terminology per subject. Managing of multilingual information and related activities on the web.
- Computer Aids for Translation, UMIST UK (2002-2003)
- Advanced use of technology in the translation process (translation tools, electronic term banks, dictionaries, encyclopedias on the web).
- Familiar with translation tools and electronic term banks.
I hold a BA in Communication and Mass Media (Panteion University of Social and Political Studies, Athens), an MA in European Literature and Culture (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki) and a DEA in Medieval and Modern Greece (Universidad de Granada, Spain).
I have worked as online editor for the Greek National TV and Radio Corporation (ERT SA) and as in-house translator for Lastminute.com and Master-D Hellas, while maintaining freelance collaboration with magazines, festivals and translation agencies. In 2008 I pursued a paid traineeship at the European Parliament (DG ITEC).
I am familiar with Media, Multimedia, Journalism, Marketing, Website Localisation, IT, Travel & Leisure, Cosmetics, History, Sociology, Pyschology, Alternative Lifestyles, NGOs.
I work with Trados Studio and my daily output is around 2000 words.
I am native Greek and fluent in English, French, Spanish and Catalan, and I have extended experience in marketing and legal translation. I am graduated in Law and I have completed my master’s degrees in Translation and in Theory of Language.
I have translated various works of authors in religious and esoteric subjects more than a decade. I am a researcher, writer, poet, technology and software enthusiast. I have worked many years in the IT sector. I am a kin researcher and will always research my subjects to the bone. Always happy to learn and open up new paths.